Complaint Review: Platinum Benefits Service

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2008

• Reported By:Little Egg Harbor New Jersey
Platinum Benefits Service
Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefits Service tried to scam me but I was too smart for them!! Clearwater Florida

At 12:28 PM on Tuesday, August 26th, 2008, this so-called credit card company called me and tried to scam me. They thought they were dealing with someone who was unlearned in this scamming business. I kept interrupting the salesman on the phone to ask question which in turn made him speak slower.

He only told me his name was Mr. Marbury. I thought that was odd because most salespeople tell you their full name or at least their first name. This was all I needed. I asked for the company name and who is the bank that backs them.

This is where, for the first time during the call, that I heard the full name of the company because they always said it so fast. They then told me that Bank Corp was their backer. I told the man that I didn't want anything to do with them.

After we hung up I called my bank and filed a report with them about what had happened. I told the girl at the bank that I wanted an alert put on my account because the people who called seemed to have my information, so there was no telling if they had my account information too. I was being cautious.

For all of you out there who have been scammed by this company, I want you to know that I share in your grief. I have been scammed before and thats why this time I was ready for it. Good luck getting everything back. I really hope you do.

Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefits-Service/Clearwater-Florida/Platinum-Benefits-Service-tried-to-scam-me-but-I-was-too-smart-for-them-Clearwater-Flor-367054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefits Service