Complaint Review: Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 21, 2012

• Reported By: Joanne Daniels — Hyannis Massachusetts United States of America
Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs
59 Center Street, Hyannis, MA, 02601 Hyannis, Massachusetts United States of America

Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs Robert Limato Liars, Thieves, Scam Artists, Violent Criminal Offenders, Fraud, Assault, Elderly Abuse Hyannis, Massachusetts

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This author in Jail!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS ABOUT PLATINUM KITCHEN AND BATH DESIGNS IS IN JAIL!!!

*Author of original report: Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs Robert Limato, Arianna Santamaria (Arianna Losada) Liars, Thieves, Scam Artists, Violent Criminal Offenders, Fraud, Assault, Elderly Abuse Hyannis, Massachusetts

CAPE COD CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!!

Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs (Not Legally Incorporated)
59 Center Street
Hyannis, MA, 02601
platinumkitchendesignsinc@yahoo.com
(508)790-0020

Owners:
Robert Limato
Arianna Losada (AKA Arianna Santamaria)

These individuals are unethical, degrading, demoralizing, drug abusing, violent scam artists.  I visited the storefront located at 59 center street in Hyannis and was approached by Arianna.   She appeared to be dressed as a working girl (Prostitute) whom smelled of alcohol, and appeared to be under the influence of heavy narcotics.   I then made the decision to leave but  I was approached by a man who dismissed Arianna whom from that point stormed out of the store and drove off.  The man introduced himself as Robert Limato Co Owner of Platinum Kitchens and apologized for his fiances behavior Arianna. [continued below]....
.....  He has stated she had recently changed psychotropic medications and was still having trouble adjusting.    I had inquired about remodeling my daughters bathroom, gave a proposed budget and he then quickly started making recommendations based on my measurements and ideas.  We then set an appointment for him to come to my home to do a proper measuring and estimate.  He rescheduled this appointment three times and finally appeared on the third reschedule.  When he entered my home he smelled of alcohol and seemed a little disoriented.  I asked if he was ok and he stated he was under the weather.  We then agreed to a set price for the remodel and I gave him a 50% deposit of the total upon starting.    It was agreed that all the materials required would arrive within 4 days and he would be completed within two weeks.

Four weeks later he started the project and it lasted almost two weeks.  When he was working on my home did not properly cover anything, tracked dirt throughout my house, and left various messes which i had to clean.  He had ordered a sink and a medicine cabinet for the bathroom which he advised he properly measured.  Upon trying to install the sink it did not fit into the vanity and it did not fit the pipping due to him not measuring correctly.  He blamed the manufacturer, and utilized my old sink instead of the new one which I had paid for.  In addition he ordered a recessed medicine cabinet, which i did not agree to.  He installed it against my wished and had nails on both sides of the cabinet to stabilize it.  When I asked why it looked the way it did, his response was that's the way the manufacturer designed the cabinet and there is nothing he could except short of ordering another medicine cabinet and in turn charging me for it.  Before completing the job Arianna contacted me for the remainder of the payment and i told her that he was not finished and I paid for a sink that was not going to be utilized due to his negligence.  she demanded payment anyway and threatened me verbally (Slurring every other word).  I had brought this up to Robert and he told me he would issue me a refund after he returned the sink to the manufacturer.  I then in good faith paid the remaining balance for the job.

I found the following article below:

I asked around town and found out that they are not incorporated and have been scamming unsuspecting consumers since they had relocated to the cape from NY some years prior.  They are currently under investigation with the IRS for tax fraud due to collecting taxes from customers and not paying the government.   I have been in touch with the Massachusetts attorney general and the BBB.  This is fair warning not to get involved with this couple as they are intentionally looking for consumers to defraud.  I consider myself lucky that I received something for my money, even though I was defrauded.  Please take precaution and don't make the same mistake I made by trusting them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Kitchen-and-Bath-Designs/Hyannis-Massachusetts-02601/Platinum-Kitchen-and-Bath-Designs-Robert-Limato-Liars-Thieves-Scam-Artists-Violent-Cri-904791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This author in Jail!

AUTHOR: Arianna Santamaria - (United States of America)

Well we finally had the author of this commentary on our business " Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs"     BAIL REVOKED!!! He is in Broward county jail for A AND B ,ON A officer, Grand larceny, petty larceny, and finally check fraud!!! OOPS I forgot defamation of character

We would like to clear our names here!! Both for Arianna Santamaria and Robert Limato and Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs, Our business. This man is a sick puppy!!( SEAUMUS LIMATO)

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS ABOUT PLATINUM KITCHEN AND BATH DESIGNS IS IN JAIL!!!

AUTHOR: Arianna Santamaria - (United States of America)

seamus Limato JIMMY, JAMES, Jimmy has posted my name and my feance's store on this site as well as google  DEERFEILD BEACH, Florida    JIMMY aka Seamus Limato has written false statements on this site as well as google. I want to clear our name as well as the store we have called " Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs", My Name is Arianna Santamaria, a mother of three boys and a new grandmother. Platinum kitchen and bath designs has suffered by his actions tremendously !!H e was able to crash our website and take $15,000 in bogus checks from our financial backer and now we are going to be forced to shut down!! We NEED HELP!!

WE NEED TO Be cleared on GOOGLE AS WELL AS THIS SITE!! Below you will see his current arrest record. This is the type of people that are able to destroy a life and a business!! My family has been affected , So I have to say :THANK YOU " RIP OFF" FOR DESTROYING MY LIFE!! AND MY ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME!!! THANK YOU! NO REALLY!!!! (NOT) I hope they shut you down!
CAPE COD CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!! Platinum Kitchen and Bath Designs (Not Legally Incorporated) 59 Center Street Hyannis, MA, 02601 http://www.platinumkitchenandbathdesigns.com platinumkitchendesignsinc@yahoo.com        (508)790-0020      Owners: Robert Limato Arianna Losada (AKA Arianna Santamaria) These individuals are unethical, degrading, demoralizing, drug abusing, violent scam artists.  I visited the storefront located at 59 center street in Hyannis and was approached by Arianna.   She appeared to be dressed as a working girl (Prostitute) whom smelled of alcohol, and appeared to be under the influence of heavy narcotics.   I then made the decision to leave but  I was approached by a man who dismissed Arianna whom from that point stormed out of the store and drove off.  The man introduced himself as Robert Limato Co Owner of Platinum Kitchens and apologized for his fiances behavior Arianna.  He has stated she had recently changed psychotropic medications and was still having trouble adjusting.    I had inquired about remodeling my daughters bathroom, gave a proposed budget and he then quickly started making recommendations based on my measurements and ideas.  We then set an appointment for him to come to my home to do a proper measuring and estimate.  He rescheduled this appointment three times and finally appeared on the third reschedule.

When he entered my home he smelled of alcohol and seemed a little disoriented.  I asked if he was ok and he stated he was under the weather.  We then agreed to a set price for the remodel and I gave him a 50% deposit of the total upon starting.    It was agreed that all the materials required would arrive within 4 days and he would be completed within two weeks.  Four weeks later he started the project and it lasted almost two weeks.  When he was working on my home did not properly cover anything, tracked dirt throughout my house, and left various messes which i had to clean.  He had ordered a sink and a medicine cabinet for the bathroom which he advised he properly measured.  Upon trying to install the sink it did not fit into the vanity and it did not fit the pipping due to him not measuring correctly.  He blamed the manufacturer, and utilized my old sink instead of the new one which I had paid for.  In addition he ordered a recessed medicine cabinet, which i did not agree to.  He installed it against my wished and had nails on both sides of the cabinet to stabilize it.  When I asked why it looked the way it did, his response was that's the way the manufacturer designed the cabinet and there is nothing he could except short of ordering another medicine cabinet and in turn charging me for it.

Before completing the job Arianna contacted me for the remainder of the payment and i told her that he was not finished and I paid for a sink that was not going to be utilized due to his negligence.  she demanded payment anyway and threatened me verbally (Slurring every other word).  I had brought this up to Robert and he told me he would issue me a refund after he returned the sink to the manufacturer.  I then in good faith paid the remaining balance for the job.    As weeks went by I did not hear from either Rob or Arianna and I decided to contact them.  Arianna refered me to Rob and Rob told me that he was still waiting for the manufacturer to issue him a refund but he gave me his word that he would issue me a check as soon as possible.  Needless to say I still have not received the refund and every time I contact them I get a different story.   I did some research and found out the following: Arianna Santamaria (AKA Arianna Losada) has an extensive criminal background and was just recently released from a drug detox center for abusing prescription medications (Oxycodone). I found the following article below: LOSADA, Arianna, 46, 6 Linda Lane, Hyannis; assault and battery of a person 60 years and older or disabled Nov. 4 in Sandwich. Pretrial hearing June 14. http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100414/NEWS/4140315/-1/news06 Robert Limato I have also heard has an extensive problem with Crack/Cocaine and also has a criminal background: LIMATO, Robert G. Jr., 48, 6 Linda Lane, Hyannis; assault with a dangerous weapon, Friday in Barnstable. Pretrial hearing June 23. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=robert%20limato%20cape%20cod&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.capecodonline.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Farticle%3FAID%3D%2F20100523%2FNEWS%2F5230321%2F-1%2Fnews06&ei=8jDuT6PKPIj49QT1heWAAg&usg=AFQjCNF7iprUqjSjfNIQ_PH8ts0PfEV_oA I asked around town and found out that they are not incorporated and have been scamming unsuspecting consumers since they had relocated to the cape from NY some years prior.  They are currently under investigation with the IRS for tax fraud due to collecting taxes from customers and not paying the government.