Complaint Review: Platinum Protectino

• Submitted: Thu, September 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:Euless Texas
Platinum Protectino
549 E 1860 S Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Platinum Protectino SCAM DECEIVED SALESMAN PLATINUM PROTECTION Provo Utah

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Misunderstanding and Apology

On July 14, 2008 Platinum Protection salesmen, Bridger Harrison, knocked on my door and offered your security services to my property. He stated that Platinum Protection was new to the neighborhood and offered me a great deal to post their sign in front of the house. I was told that I would have a locked in price at about $48.71 USD per month for 5 years. That sounded great but I had a clear question for him "If I have financial hardship in a year or two, will I be able to cancel with no penalty" He clearly said "yes, an agent would come to the house, I would pay a $30 USD trip charge to uninstall and remove the equipment from the house." He handed the contract and I signed it. After the installation, someone called in to record my confirmation of the contract over the phone and I agreed to the locked in price that Bridger had mentioned.

A few days later Platinum Protections called to confirm the service and because I was still a bit skeptical, I just wanted to confirm that there was no penalty to cancel he said that he would "note" my record but he didn't clarify my question.

On September 17, 2008, Janell from Platinum Protection called me to clarify a few questions that I had from the previous call and told me that "I only had 3 days to cancel" and I have to pay this service for the next 5 years or pay a 80% cancelation fee. This was the first time that someone clearly informed me this. My first reaction was to retrieve my copy of the contract that I signed, and yes, sure enough it does clearly state that I only have 3 days to cancel.

I was clearly deceived by Platinum Protection Bridger Harrison by trusting verbally what he has stated to me.

I agreed to pay for the services rendered up to September 17th, 2008. I requested Platinum Protection (within 3 days that I was aware of the cancelation) via email, fax, and mail to cancel my contract as I was clearly deceived by the salesman. Platinum Protection customer service clearly stated that the only way for me to request a cancellation of service was by paying $2,051.00.

I truly feel that Platinum Protection knocked on my door on July 14th, 2008 and robbed me about $2,500.00.

Josev
Euless, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2008 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protectino/Provo-Utah-84606/Platinum-Protectino-SCAM-DECEIVED-SALESMAN-PLATINUM-PROTECTION-Provo-Utah-375857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protectino

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Misunderstanding and Apology

AUTHOR: Bridger - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry Joseph that you feel that I cheated you. I try to be honest in every sale that I make. There must have been some sort of misunderstanding. I do not recall ever saying you can cancel at anytime for free. I did say if something breaks we can return to fix it for the $30 service fee.

As a company we do consumer surveys before the sale is complete. They are recorded and the consumer is asked if they understand the terms and conditions of the agreement. If the consumer doesn't answer yes on all of the questions the sale can not be final.

We have a 95% customer satisfaction in our company. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I am honest with all of my customers. Platinum Protection also strives to teach their employees to never lie or deceive customers. Again I am sorry that you felt that way about my conversation with you. I always try to provide the best service to all of the people that I work with.

Bridger