Complaint Review: Platinum Protection Home Security System

• Submitted: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 16, 2009

• Reported By:Lithia Springs Georgia
Platinum Protection Home Security System
www.platinumprotect.com Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Platinum Protection Home Security System SCAM!!! Left us with over $3000.00 in debt, screwed credit and no security system!! Provo Utah

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: My Apologies

*UPDATE Employee: I can help

I was approached by a man named John Frampton at my home telling me that he was there to give me the improved version of my current Brinks securtiy system. Originally he told me his company (Platinum Protection) and Brinks were one in the same. I told him repeatedly I didn't really understand since I had not been contacted by Brinks, he reassured me over and over. He told me that Platinum would be paying off the current balance of my Brinks account and as long as I kept the Platinum sign in my yard for 5 years we were getting a discounted rate of 44.99 per month and for me not to tell any of my neighbors the price because it was such a great deal they could only give it to me. Needless to say it has been 9 months and they have never paid off the Brinks account because when I called customer service and spoke to the most rude man named Austin who was the Department Manager he told me he reviewed my account and that it was just tough luck. I had to pay, I could not change my billing information and when I asked to speak to someone else he proceeded to tell me that it wouldn't matter who I talked to in the company it would end up his problem and he was unwilling to help me. When I explained to him I wanted to stop the auto drafts he proceeded to tell me no and when I asked him about moving my service to my current home ( I moved during the 9 months) for $99 like John told me he said oh no it will be $399 to move your equipment!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! Needless to say I am paying 44.99/mth for no security system and my credit is gone to crap because I still am supposed to pay $35.00/mth to Brinks at the same time but cannot afford both. I wish someone would help us!!!! Platinum tells me they have me recorded saying I was satisfied with my service upon installation and that I answered no when asked if I had been promised anything by my salesman so therefore I have no case but what I don't understand is why when the salesman explained to me that he was the same company as Brinks would I question him when he told me that Brinks would be paid off and the bill would change to Platinum!!!! Basically this guy needs to be put away along with this lowsy company!!! The worst thing is that we have no system , so I sit in a house with no security and I pay for something where someone else is living!!!!! Whatever you do, anyone who reads this, please tell everyone you know to look up this company and read all of these complaints regarding the way they do business!!! Think twice before someone scams you because I didn't and I am completely screwed!!!!!! John Frampton if you are out there I hope you sleep well at night!!!! and I hope when your little boy grows up he doesnt get screwed over by someone like his father!!!!!

Upsetnurse
Lithia Springs, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2009 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protection-Home-Security-System/Provo-Utah-84606/Platinum-Protection-Home-Security-System-SCAM-Left-us-with-over-300000-in-debt-screw-434785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protection Home Security System

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

My Apologies

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I read the post above and would like to help resolve this problem. There may be a huge misunderstanding and I would like a chance to fix it with you personally. Like you said above, Platinum told you everything over the phone so I feel I did my job right. HOWEVER, having placed over 750 systems since I have done this job, I have NEVER had a customer with a problem that I, or Platinum could not resolve on any account that I was personally involved in. This, leads me to beleive that I must have done or said something that wasn't right in your eyes. I truly am sorry about this situation and would like a chance to fix it. I admit I am not perfect, that I am human and do make mistakes. Though I am not currently employed with Platinum Protection, I will still help pay any money you feel you are owed and I am willing to do whatever it takes to rectify this problem with you. I do not beleive in lying to customers. Scaming people out of money has never been my intention, and undeserved money is NEVER right in my eyes. A home alarm system sould be a good experience and I'm sorry this hasn't been for you. Though your respect for myself and the company is gone, I would still like to make this right. I will not ask you to write anything positive on this site about me after this is settled, I just don't want you to feel you were taken advantage of by me in any way. If I had your name or phone number I would have just called. I'm sure Platinum would have tried to help fix this with me directly if I were still employed by them, but I haven't been for several months. I'm sorry Austin treated you badly on the phone. Though I do not work for Platinum, they are not the type of company that try's to rip customers off. Thank you Rippoff Report for helping us get this problem solved.
Please contact me through email, or my phone if you still have it. If you don't feel comfortable dealing with me, my attorney would be more than happy to help get you what you deserve. Again, my deepest Apologies.
-John
johnframpton1@gmail.com

I can help

AUTHOR: Jnielson - (U.S.A.)

Upsetnurse,

I am sorry to hear of your story. I want to do everything we can to help you solve this problem. Please email me at jnielson@pprotect.com with your name and phone number and I'll give you a call and we can work something out.

Or, if you prefer, please feel free to call our office and ask to speak with the head of corporate communications.

Thank you.