Complaint Review: Platinum Protection LLC

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: scrwd agn — arvada Colorado United States of America
Platinum Protection LLC
1261 South 820 East, Suite 300 American Fork, Utah United States of America

Platinum Protection LLC Monitronics, Victor A Lee, customer care manager, Jared Hallows ,CEO, deceptive billing practices, notification of same, lack of courteous customer service reps American Fork, Utah

Already had another security system in place, was told that if 5 residences in neighborhood contracted with Platinum there would not be any fees for 5 years, ( I asked about monthly monitoring fees and was told there would be none for 5 years).

Unfortunately, I gave them my banking information and signed the papers.  Monthly charge was drafted via ACH from my bank account at the rate of $45 (rounded) a month.  Due to bank issues, ACH was dropped and I was notified that Monitronics would be handling the billing process.  I should have cancelled the service at that time but figured that if the monthly fee was not paid the system would be deactivated and the service cancelled by the company.  I just received (10 18 2011) a letter dated 10 5 2011, from Monitronics,  stating that Platinum Protection LLC would be handling the account.

I did not realize at this time that they had already taken money from my account $45(rounded).  I contacted them after finding an old piece of mail that had any phone number on it for the  and was told that to stop any future ACH drafts I needed to fax the info in or to mail it.  Their letters have no phone numbers on them unless it is in the body of the letter so there is no way to get in contact with them (unless the alarm system is "set off").  I am sending them a cancellation notice today and contacting my bank to stop any future ACH drafts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protection-LLC/American-Fork-Utah-84003/Platinum-Protection-LLC-Monitronics-Victor-A-Lee-customer-care-manager-Jared-Hallows-C-790594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protection LLC