• Report: #601948

• Updated: Tue, May 11, 2010

• Reported By: lisa — san antonio Texas United States of America
Platinum Protection & Monitronics
1261 S 820 E STE 300 AMERICAN FORK, Utah United States of America

Platinum Protection & Monitronics MONITRONICS DECEPTIVE BILLING PRACTICES AND LONG CONTRACTS THAT THEY WON'T LET YOU OUT OF AMERICAN FORK Utah

The have sent us letters saying they are switching billing from Platinum to Monitronics and then they didn't bill us for 3 months. Then they sent a letter saying no we are switching back to Platinum and then ANOTHER letter saying no we are switching back to Monitronics. Then again back to Platinum. Then Platinum tried to bill us for the 3 months all at once. I called to complain and then they said they would give us a credit. They did then tried to bill us again later. We then moved to a new home and our new home was one story. When they came out to hook us up in our new home they said to get the windows covered it would be $2000. I refused to pay that much so we now have a useless service and they won't let us out of our contract. They want us to pay 80%. I said we are not paying for something that we are not using. Then I asked to speak to a supervisor and the rep refused his name was Sterling Davis. He said he was the end of the line. I have since filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I am one of 404 complaints against their company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protection-Monitronics/AMERICAN-FORK-Utah-84003/Platinum-Protection-Monitronics-MONITRONICS-DECEPTIVE-BILLING-PRACTICES-AND-LONG-CONTRAC-601948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protection & Monitronics