lighting

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2008

• Reported By:Spanish Fork Utah
Platinum Protection
580 South State Street Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Platinum Protection Deceptive, lies, tricked into signing long term contract after being told there was no long term contract. Orem Utah

A little over two weeks ago, a man by the name of Garret Stembridge came to my house representing Platinum Protection LLC and offering a special deal for a home security system.

He told me that due to the many people moving in and out of the neighborhood there is a deal where equipment and installation was free, provided we post a sign in our front yard advertising Platinum Protection and spread the word when neighborhood friends inquired about the sign.

I asked him specifically what the catch was. He said the only catch was to keep the sign visible and try out the monitoring service. I then asked how much the service was he said $45 dollars a month. I asked him what would happen if we found that we could not afford the $45 dollars a month. He stated that we could call and cancel the monitoring service and then went into a dialog about how most families don't have a problem paying that amount.

I asked him what would happen to the equipment and all he said was that it was ours to keep. He came when I was heading off to work and I did not have a lot of time to talk with him and look over the things he kept asking me to sign. Trusting him, I signed. Dumb I know...

It wasn't until a couple weeks later we got our first bill and found that we where charged for an activation fee that Garret had promised he had called to have waived but didn't. It was then I called found out about the 5 YEAR contract and the three days to cancel the contract.

None of this information was presented to us by Garret while in my home, even when asked bluntly, NONE. The only thing that was said was that the price of the monitoring wouldn't go up in 60 months. NEVER NEVER did he say that we were stuck in a contract to pay 45 dollars a month for 60 months. If we would have been told that, we would have never signed up in the first place.

We were lied to and decieved into signing this contract. He even lied about waiving the activation fee, which Platinum Protection wasted no time in ripping from my bank account.

After Several phone calls to the Sales Manager AMMON CONDIE nothing has been done. He has been nothing but pushy rude and combative. They refuse to let us out of the contract and still have not refunded the activation fee.

PLEASE PLEASE stay away from this company they are evil and corrupt and do not care at all about customer satisfaction or consumers in general.

There are stories all over the internet about them . You can even check YouTube.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PLATINUM PROTECTION.

John
Spanish Fork, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2008 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protection/Orem-Utah-84058/Platinum-Protection-Deceptive-lies-tricked-into-signing-long-term-contract-after-being-t-310517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protection