Complaint Review: Platinum Protection

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Platinum Protection
580 South State St Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Platinum Protection, - Free equipment, just advertise this sign, one week trial period Orem Utah

A door to door salesman MCKAY ERICKSON came on Memorial day at 8:30pm to offer us a "free" security system with a nominal monthly fee. He said we have a one week trial period to try out the system and see if it works for us.

When we signed "the papers to give the techs permission to put the system in your home" as he stated, he pointed out the "60 month rate guarantee." He again said we had a one week trial period and if the system doesn't work, he would have it taken out, no questions asked.

The system is not going to work for us and we have extremely high false alarm fines in our county. I called to get it removed.

Turns out, it was a 60 month CONTRACT we signed and we only have THREE DAYS to cancel instead of the week he promised us.

I've talked to customer service twice, a supervisor and a manager. I've called Mckay NINE times and he won't return my phone calls! Each time I talk to customer service they give me the run around and say "there's no one higher in the organization you can talk to."

The manager, Kaitlyn, said she's the highest in the organization I have access to and she cannot release the information of any of the higher ups. She offered to let me cancel my contract for an 80% termination fee payable in one lump sum or over 3 months. I would have to pay over $2,000. I told her this is not good enough. She said there's nothing else she can do. I asked again for someone higher in the organization and she said she's it.

I have filed reports with the BBB, FTC, Direct Selling Association and NC Consumer Protection Agency.

Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Protection/Orem-Utah-84058/Platinum-Protection-Free-equipment-just-advertise-this-sign-one-week-trial-period-Ore-458277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Protection