Complaint Review: Platinum Services

Platinum Services
137 Main St Ste 400 Dubuque, Iowa United States of America

Platinum Services Fishy Interview Practices Dubuque, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: good for you

I recently answered an employment ad in my local newspaper.  My call was returned, and I was excited to be offered an interview for a sales position.  Upon arriving for my "interview," I was surprised to find that it was a group interview situation.  The Platinum rep took my resume and had me fill out the application at the beginning of the meeting.  During said "interview" the Platinum rep talked about the business and how great it is.  He also was sure to point out that they don't hire everyone. That in itself is no big deal....The problem is this: that's all he did.  He didn't ask any of us applicants a single question about ourselves.  At the end of the "interview," he said he would be contacting us tomorrow to let us know if we were hired.  The next day, it was no surprise that he called me.  I addressed the concern that he knew nothing about me or my skills except what I wrote down.  He informed me they don't do reference checks because laws prohibit references from disclosing most information anyway.  True.  However, when I asked if we would be doing a second interview so that he could learn about me and my skillset, his response was that it was a waste of time.  He noted that either people could do the job or they couldn't, and he on occasion, but rarely, made wrong decisions when hiring.  One word: FISHY!  In my opinion, there is something wrong with any company that doesn't take a few minutes to legitimately interview their applicants.I obviously did not take the position.  I just want to know, if they aren't hiring everyone (as he was so sure to point out), how are they deciding which applicants to hire?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Services/Dubuque-Iowa-/Platinum-Services-Fishy-Interview-Practices-Dubuque-Iowa-660927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Services

good for you

AUTHOR: professional insurance agent - (United States of America)

This company recently changed its name to Platinum supplemental insurance, inc. They offered me a 3000.00 a month training bonus. They are dishonest with agents as well as consumers. I dont think any agent has ever received any training bonus. There putting some bait on a hook and hope you take a bite. The agents cold call up and down the roads telling people I get paid to read and explain the information. They sell a cancer/heart/stroke ins. policy with a return of premium. The consumer is not told this is a rider and not given the option. Also, they are not told the heart/stroke benifit is a rider. They have mislead numerous agents and their families as well as consumers. The top dogs of the agency used to work for Capitol American Life Ins. Co. This company which is no longer in existence was fined and reprimanded in five states. I found this out from a reliable source. I signed a contract that said I was an independent contractor but was told I had to travel four days a week, get up four breakfast, attend meeting, what area I had to work, etc. I paid all my own bills. I hope they dont keep getting away with using  people. They hope agents write some business and quits so Platinum will keep their commissions and get their renewals. I hope some lawyer steps up and wants to help us former agents as we and the consumers were misled and frauded.