Complaint Review: Plattner Automotive of Venice

• Reported By: William — Englewood Florida United States of America
Plattner Automotive of Venice
735 US 41 BYPass Venice Fl 34285 Internet United States of America

Plattner Automotive of Venice Doug Plattner No Manual No key Internet

*Consumer Comment: Hit the nail on the head.

I purchased a used car from Plattner's on 12-10-2012 with one key, and was told another key would be given to me.  When I open the glove box there was no owners manual, I was told I would have to pay for them if I wanted them.  Upon calling Doug Plattner's office I was told pay us or you won't receive them.  Note: I just purchased the car and gave them 20,000 Cash Shame on me for thinking all cars come with owners manuals and two keys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2012 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plattner-Automotive-of-Venice/internet/Plattner-Automotive-of-Venice-Doug-Plattner-No-Manual-No-key-Internet-981682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plattner Automotive of Venice

Hit the nail on the head.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" Shame on me for thinking all cars come with owners manuals and two keys. "

I don't know where you got that idea, but it has no basis in reality.  If you were talking about a brand new car, you might have a point.

Used cars come with whatever is on them when you hand over your cash.   I've rarely run across a used car that still had an owners manual.   Hell, I've seen some that didn't even have a spare tire.  That's why you have to inspect carefully and never assume things.    Even if they promised you another key (which they always do), if you didn't get that promise included in writing, as part of the contract, there is no chance it'll happen.