Complaint Review: Plattner's Automotive Group

• Updated: Mon, April 11, 2011

• Reported By: K111 — 33634 Florida United States of America
Plattner's Automotive Group
210 South Brevard Tampa, Florida United States of America

Plattner's Automotive Group Arcadia Chevrolet Buick Oldsmobile Pontiac Sales Reps say ONE thing but do another Tampa, Florida

Owner: Doug Plattner
Finance person: Patrick McGuire
Sales person:  Sharon A Lalicata
Sales manager:  Kevin
Date: March 7, 2011
My witness: Friend, Josh

I traded my 2007 Honda Civic Si for a 2008 Honda S2000
I verbally stated that I had a pre-approved loan through USAA for $18,000, and that I would pay no more than $18,000 for the S2000 (including the tax, title, fees, etc)
List price of S2000: $18,400.00
+ vehicle package: $399.00
+ dealer delivery fee: $599.00
+ electronic registration filing fee: $184.00
+ government documentary stamp taxes: $63.70
+Trans Fee/Lien Fee: $252.00
+ Sales tax: $493.88
= Total cost of S2000: $20,391.58
I agreed to signing a loan contract with Plattner Automotive Group through BB&T for: $18,180.67
Kevin stated he would give me 7% interest (as an incentive because my pre-approved loan through USAA (for $18,000) was for 8%) and would add $180.67 onto the loan amount so he would "make some money off of this"
I figured "give a little to get a little... he adds on $180.67 and I get a smaller interest rate"
Verbally told: I was buying S2000 for TOTAL (inc tax, title, fees, etc): $18,180.67

Verbally told: the dealership would be buying my Civic for: $12,000
Amount owed to prior bank (USAA) for loan on Civic : $9,789.09
Verbally told: the dealership would send check to USAA for $12,000
The difference of $2,210.91 would be transferred to my USAA checking account
After 7.5+ hours at the dealership I signed the contract
On March 30, 2011 the check for the civic was received by my bank, USAA.
USAA stated the check amount was $9,789.09.
I re-read the contract paperwork....
INSTEAD
Total cost of S2000: $20,391.58
MINUS Civic loan difference: $2,210.91
Equals: $18,180.67
Dealer bought Civic for $12,000.00
Balance owed on Civic loan $9,789.09
Difference of $2,210.91
Signed loan for $18,180.67
It took me about 20 minutes of reading and re-reading the contract (which is very difficult to interpret) to find out, they had taken the equity of the previous loan, that I should have received, and subtracted it from the list price (plus tax, title, fees, etc) of the S2000.

That was NEVER discussed... or pointed out on the contract.
We had verbally agreed to me paying $18,180.67 (including tax, title, fees, etc) for the S2000.  And that they would send a check to USAA in the amount of $12,000 for the Civic.

I called and spoke with Sharon A Lalicata, she stated she remembers me being very adamant about not paying more than $18,000 for the S2000.  However, she was not present when Kevin convinced me to sign a contract with their company.

Since March 30, 2011 I have tried contacting Kevin and Doug Plattner
Kevin called me on April 3, 2011 I explained the situation.  Kevin stated he would call me back in 30 minutes, as he had a truck delivering cars.
15 minutes later I received a call from another finance rep, Derrick.  He stated Kevin told him that I was confused and didn't understand the contract.  I explained the situation to Derrick.  He understood and stated he would have Kevin call me back.
April 8, 2011 I haven't heard a word from anyone at the dealership.  I called and asked for Kevin.  He wasn't available.  I left a message with the lady who answered the phone, Jessica or Jennifer, stating I was going to contact the BBB and RipOffReport.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2011 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plattners-Automotive-Group/Tampa-Florida-34266/Plattners-Automotive-Group-Arcadia-Chevrolet-Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac-Sales-Reps-say-ONE-716268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plattner's Automotive Group