Complaint Review: Playphone

• Submitted: Fri, November 07, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 07, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Playphone
224 Airport Parkway #300 San Jose, California U.S.A.

Playphone After several phone calls and emails, and verification from Playphone that my subscription was in fact canceled, Playphone did not stop billing me! San Jose California

I somehow unknowingly subscribed to Playphone. Huge mistake! Once I realized it, I quickly canceled my subscription. However, bills from Playphone continued to show up on my cell phone bills. I called Playphone customer service several times and each time was told that, according to their computer, my subscription had been canceled. I was even given a confirmation number. However, for the next several months I was billed again and again. Each time I called they would tell me my subscription had been canceled for months and they weren't sure why I was still being billed. The customer service reps were able to do nothing but direct me to Playphone's billing department (which can only be reached via email or fax). After getting nowhere with Playphone, I finally called my cell phone provider and fortunately they were able to cancel my subscription with Playphone and give me a refund. Do not sign up for Playphone unless you are willing to pay them for the rest of your cell phone's existence!

ABC
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2008 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Playphone/San-Jose-California-95110/Playphone-After-several-phone-calls-and-emails-and-verification-from-Playphone-that-my-su-389080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Playphone