Complaint Review: Playphone

• Submitted: Sun, January 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:JENSEN BEACH Florida
224 Airport Parkway San Jose, California U.S.A.

Playphone has subscribed me to their screensaver plan for 3 months without my knowledge or approval. San Jose California

I received several text messages from PlayPhone, Inc. on 11/23/08 and again on 1/23/09. Since I am not "text" literate, I ignored the messages.

Upon reviewing my Sprint cellphone bill, I found that I have been charged $9.99 per month for a screen saver service without my knowledge or approval. I have also been billed 20 cents per text message.

My cellphone number has been on the "Do Not Call" list since it originated, so it is illegal for PlayPhone, Inc. to text my phone. I also understand that there is a law on the books which also makes it illegal to do that.

I have notified Sprint of this problem. I have also filed a complaint with the FCC and have written to PlayPhone, Inc. to reimburse me for the amount that I have been charged for the last 3 months and to discontinue the service entirely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2009 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Playphone/San-Jose-California-95110/Playphone-has-subscribed-me-to-their-screensaver-plan-for-3-months-without-my-knowledge-or-416002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Playphone