Complaint Review: Playphone.com

• Reported By:Savannah, GA Georgia
Playphone.com
playphone.com Internet U.S.A.

Playphone.com got hit with cahrges I didn't agree to. Internet

I got my bill today from t-mobile and there was an extra charge for a company called play phone. $9.99 monthly subscrition fee, I had never heard of this company before today.

The inconvenience of a 10 minute phone call to T-Mobile resolved the issue, but I won't receive the credit until the next bill. I"m sure that if I got this bogus charge that its likely that many more cellular customers got this charge as well. If I hadn't caught this, I would have likely had to pay the amount. This isn't about my money, its about an act of fraud plain and simple. IMagine these pricks adding $10.00 to ten million cell phone accounts and holding the money for one month, and earning the interest on this money. THis is a huge sume of money about $333,000 thousand. And by commiting an act of fraud.

Its time that people speak up and make some noise about stuff like this. If not heck maybe I should start a company just like playphone.com.

Oh I forgot to mention that customer care at T-Mobile actually admitted that they partner with these companies. So they are obviosly aware of the fraudulent activity. The guy also said that most phone companies partner with these types of companies. The next time you register somewhere online be careful as to which phone number you provide, you may be signing up for something that you aren't aware of.

I hope other people will speak up and be heard on this issue. I'm sure that if this happens a decent lawyler might take it as a class action lawsuit.

Don M

Don m
Savannah, GA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Playphonecom/internet/Playphonecom-got-hit-with-cahrges-I-didnt-agree-to-Internet-405980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Playphone.com