Complaint Review: Pleasant Hill Self Storage - Uhaul

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Kissimmee Florida
Pleasant Hill Self Storage - Uhaul
4390 Pleasant Hill Road Kissimmee, Florida U.S.A.

Pleasant Hill Self Storage Uhaul Rental Rip Off!!!!! Kissimmee Florida

*UPDATE Employee: U-Haul fueling issue

We rented a Uhaul and received it with a Full tank of gas and were told to return it this way or it was $3.00 per gallon and a $30 service charge. Well, in this economy, we were certainly going to make sure we filled the tank back up.

When we were finished, approx. 4 hours after we rented it, we stopped at a nearby Hess station and filled up. We drove approx 6 miles to the Self Storage where we rented it and dropped the truck off. It was after hours, so noone was there to check us in.

The next day we get a call that they are charging us $36.00 for 2 gallons of gas because the tank was not full. This is total B.S. When I said we went to Hess, filled up, then drove to them, as that is the closest station. he informed me that "there is one at Walmart which is closer" well the Walmart is in the OPPOSITE direction of where we were coming from and did not think we had to bring a gas can with us to make sure the gas we used from the gas station to his office could be replaced!!!!!!!!

Mr. Weir Barnwell was rude when speaking with him about the fact that we filled it up and he told me "life is too short to argue about this. Bring us the gas or we are charging you"

Well, Mr. Barnwell, I filed a report on the BBB and here, and will file reports anywhere else I can so noone else will get ripped off by you! Clearly dropping off at night after hours is not a good choice, as we now have no proof the truck was on FUll....

Anyone dealing with this company needs to be wary! Carry gas with you and top off the truck when you park it or else they will steal your money!!!!!

Jennifer
Kissimmee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pleasant-Hill-Self-Storage-Uhaul/Kissimmee-Florida-34746/Pleasant-Hill-Self-Storage-Uhaul-Rental-Rip-Off-Kissimmee-Florida-422902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pleasant Hill Self Storage - Uhaul

U-Haul fueling issue

AUTHOR: Maria P. - (U.S.A.)

Hi Jennifer,
My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I first want to offer you my apology for the inconvenience you experienced with our U-Haul Dealer. We realize rudeness is never an excuse for any situation. I would also like to address your concerns regarding the fueling of the U-Haul truck. Please contact me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com and provide me with your rental contract number and date of rental so I can research your contract and offer a resolution. It is only through communication with our customers that we learn what programs are working or not and which areas need attention. I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,