Complaint Review: Pleasure Pools (aka Pools Unlimited) - Rick Benner

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Mr. Erazo — The Woodlands United States of America
Pleasure Pools (aka Pools Unlimited) - Rick Benner
19728 Saums Road, #131 Houston, Texas United States of America

Pleasure Pools (aka Pools Unlimited) - Rick Benner Summit Pools Rick Benner - Buyer Beware Houston, Texas

Buyer Beware of Richard (Rick or Dick) Paul Benner Jr.; what follows is my personal pool-building experience with this person. I can't speak to other pool-building experiences other consumers encountered with Rick; however, based on the other documented Ripoff Reports, it's clear my case is not isolated. My report is factual and (where indicated) based on strong evidence.

The purpose of my report is quite  simple - to ensure other potential pool customers are made aware of my personal experience with Mr. Benner and therefore make an informed decision when selecting a pools contractor.

My wife and I contracted Mr. Benner to build our pool in early July 2012. His design and price were acceptable. The name of his company, at the time, was Summit Pools.

Mr. Benner, neglected to complete my pool project and bailed keeping the lions share of the project funds. [continued below]....
..... The work completed, during the project, was painstakingly slow and sporadic. He rarely returned calls and/or text messages. As time progressed, the work on my pool became more infrequent, to the point where it simply stopped. He would then send me occasional text messages with promises of work that was never completed. He ignored our calls and text messages. After 14 weeks of this crap, he sent me a text message stating he is unable to finish the project. At the time, he promised to refund the unused amount that we paid him. Mr. Rick Benner has yet to refund any money. The project was left 50% complete, requiring my wife and I pay (again) for the completion of the project.

But-wait there is more - In addition, he neglected to pay, as of this writing, at least three sub-contractors who completed work on my project and are now demanding payment from me. Unconfirmed reports indicate he used checks from his former employer (he was let-go), Premier Pools & Spa to pay some of the contractors (Gunite person being one) that worked on my pool project.

We are taking legal action against Mr. Rick Benner and will pursue other avenues to expose him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pleasure-Pools-aka-Pools-Unlimited-Rick-Benner/Houston-Texas-77084/Pleasure-Pools-aka-Pools-Unlimited-Rick-Benner-Summit-Pools-Rick-Benner-Buyer-Beware-988238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pleasure Pools (aka Pools Unlimited) - Rick Benner

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC