Complaint Review: Plenty of Fish Online Dating Service

• Submitted: Tue, July 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Cumming Georgia United States of America
Plenty of Fish Online Dating Service

Plenty of Fish Online Dating Service POF Re-Occuring Billing WITHOUT Permission , Internet

My girl-friend and I met on POF. Two separate accounts unbeknownst to each other. We both signed up for the "premium listing" for $15 per month for the minimum 3 month service.  Neither of us signed up for the automatic renewal.  She and I were both certain that we 'unchecked' the Automatic Subscription Renewal box which is automatically populated; lots of sites do this and we were both aware of the practice.  Anyway, we met and then we twice deleted and cancelled our subscriptions; just for safe measure.  Emails kept coming from people who wanted to meet up and neither of us clicked into these emails to inquire further.  3 months later, we were both charged the renewal fee.  My GF somehow found their Customer Service email (you can't talk to them) and she and I both wrote them asking for a reversal of the charges.  She got a pre-populated reply (I didn't) and of course and, as you might have guessed, no reversal of the charges for either of us materialized.  What ever you do, don't give these guys your CC number and don't sign up for the Premium listing.  I'd bet anything that this practice is text book for these guys because most people meet someone significant relatively quickly if they're serious about finding 'one' someone.  Don't give them your CC.  The free service works just as well; I know because that's how I met the GF of one and a half years just prior to this search.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plenty-of-Fish-Online-Dating-Service/internet/Plenty-of-Fish-Online-Dating-Service-POF-Re-Occuring-Billing-WITHOUT-Permission-Internet-913278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plenty of Fish Online Dating Service