Complaint Review: Plimus

• Submitted: Thu, December 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2007

• Reported By:Pioneer California
Plimus
3830 Valley Centre Dr. Suite 705-294 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Plimus Plimus provided a DiskInternals CD&DVD Recovery that did not work, crashed computer, no technical support. and no refund. San Diego California

*Author of original report: Plimus refuses comments, then refuses refund.

*Author of original report: Updated comments with Plimus.

I downloaded a free trial DiskInternals CD&DVD Recovery program that identified deleted files from a CD-RW disc. I then purchased the rest of the program from Plimus to recover the files. The program was inoperative, crashed with a "hung module", and locked-up my computer. I deleted the program, informed technical support and requested help. No technical support was received, so I requested a refund. All I ever received back from Plimus were enept comments. They even edited some of my comments, and refused others by using a "drop down" which read, "Comments can be in English only" A copy of their "Refund Request Comments" follows:

Refund Request Comments

Date created User Comments
12/13/2007 06:30 Customer Comment: Reply to the software vendor - Problem information has already been sent (see below).
12/12/2007 23:05 Vendor Comment: Reply to customer - "numerous problems evolved" Describe your problems here (you can add the screenshots via regular email). We'll try to help. We are not responsible for the e-mail delivery in case your e-mail server blocked our messages.

12/12/2007 04:57 Customer Comment: Reply to the software vendor - Refund the money. Your program does not work. Your technical support is non-existant.

12/11/2007 05:28 Customer Add comment - I have not received any correspondence from your organization, in the past four days, regarding your inoperable program, or a refund. My future correspondence will be directed to law enforcement officials, financial institutions, and consumer advocates.

12/07/2007 05:14 Customer Add comment - The following statement was sent to Plimus and Diskinternal on 5 December, 2007. All messages received in the past six days have been reviewed, none of which came from technical support. Just refund the money. Dear sir, The attachment confirms my purchase of a DiskInternals CD&DVD Recovery program, on Monday night, 3 December, 2007.

After downloading the program, and entering the license Key, numerous problems evolved which finally caused my computer to lock-up and crash. I deleted the program the following morning, and informed Plimus support of that problem, and the following: 1. My Microsoft XP computer "Task Master" indicated sporadic indicators of the program "Not Responding". This happened about half the time while trying to recover some deleted files from a Maxwell CD-RW. 2. Computer Management, Event Viewer, Application indicated, "HANGING APPLICATION, DISCRECOVERY.EXE, VERSION 3.0.0.0, HANG MODULE HUNGAPP" I requested technical support, and as of this time have yet to receive a reply.

Tonight, I twice downloaded your test CD&DVD Recovery program, but still had the same "Not Responding" and "Hang Module" problems. If this incompatibility between your program and my computer cannot be rectified, obviously, I would like a refund.

12/06/2007 23:32 Vendor Comment: Reply to customer - Probably you can't receive our messages, check your spam filter. Redirect the message with your problem here, we'll try to help.

12/06/2007 18:36 Customer Troubles operating the software: Troubles operating the software - After correspondence with technical support numerous times, no reply was ever received. Program is inoperable.

Thud66
Pioneer, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2007 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plimus/San-Diego-California-92130/Plimus-Plimus-provided-a-DiskInternals-CDDVD-Recovery-that-did-not-work-crashed-computer-291253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plimus

Plimus refuses comments, then refuses refund.

AUTHOR: Thud66 - (U.S.A.)

Plimus refuses to accept my comments by stating "Comments can be in English only", then refuses a refund with the comment "12/18/2007 02:42 Vendor Other: Other - If you don't want to answer our questions, we can't refund you, sorry." What a rip-off.

AUTHOR: Thud66 - (U.S.A.)

12/14/2007 06:03 Customer Comment: Reply to the software vendor - I tried to explain, in my last comment, that the program ran all night long the first night---but the computer was locked-up in the morning. I had to delete the program to get the computer operation back to normal. If you didn't refuse that comment, inter alia, with your dropdown of, "Comments can be in English only", you would have known that.
12/14/2007 00:43 Vendor Comment: Reply to customer - Does your CD Reader Indicator flashes during the program hanged? Leave it running for a night, your CD Reader may not respond during accessing the problem sector, it's the common reason why the product is displayed as hanged. In few hours usually CD Reader starts to respond again.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC