Complaint Review: Ply Gem Window Corporation

5001 D St. NW Auburn, Washington United States of America

Ply Gem Window Corporation will not honor warantee, Auburn, Washington

*General Comment: Not exactly true

*UPDATE Employee: Prepared to help

Ply Gem is the supplier of the windows for my home.  I am the original owner.  I bought the home from the builder.  4 years ago, one of my windows failed, so I contacted Ply Gem, as the window has a lifetime warantee.  They  agreed that the window was  covered by the lifetime warantee and came to my home and replaced it.  Now I have two more window that have failed, seal is broken, windows are fogging and growing mold between the panes of glass.  The windows should still be covered by the same lifetime warantee.  This time, however, they refuse to replace the windows.  They are saying that I am not the original owner of the home.  They claim the builder of the home is the original owner and when he sold the house to me it voided the warantee on the windows.  I claim this to be pretty lame and bogus.  This company needs to step up and and stand by their product and warantee!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ply-Gem-Window-Corporation/Auburn-Washington-98001/Ply-Gem-Window-Corporation-will-not-honor-warantee-Auburn-Washington-955840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ply Gem Window Corporation

#1 General Comment

Not exactly true

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

The rip off report isn't accurate.  I'm an owner of a window replacement company and prefer to sell and my guys prefer to install Plygem windows over any other window manufacturer because they do have a great warranty and feature rich design.  I've never Plygem deny one of my customer's warranty claims.  They have even stretched their own warranty at times.

As for the glass failure and mildew between the panes; I've sold thousands of windows and facilitated 10's of warranty requests and have never seen this happen to a Plygem window.  I've never put in a warranty request for a failed glass units on Plygem windows.

The builder might have installed windows without LowE Thermal Glass.  Windows with clear glass can have a high rate of failure in any manufacturer's window.

Prepared to help

AUTHOR: VFrye - (United States of America)

Joel,

Ply Gem Windows is interested in addressing this matter in order to resolve the situation that you've encountered.

Please forward your concerns and contact information to vicki.frye@plygem.com and I will work internally to ensure that you receive excellent customer service.

Thank you.