Complaint Review: Ply Gem Windows | Auburn WA

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 12, 2012

• Reported By: Frank Bowman — Everett Washington United States of America
Ply Gem Windows | Auburn WA
Auburn 5001 D Street N.W.. Auburn, WA 98001 Auburn, Washington United States of America

Ply Gem Windows | Auburn WA Replacement Windows Scam Auburn, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Best windows and service

*General Comment: I think this report is bogus

*General Comment: Ply gem windows Auburn WA

This was about 5 years ago and my wife and I were living in Everett, Washington.  We needed replacement windows for our home.

We didn't just need three or four; we needed 40 replacement windows.  A big investment.

We received money from Snohomish County PUD and bought the Windows from a contractor who is no longer in business.  Contractors obviously come and go.  PlyGem Windows however was a reputable company and the holder of our warrantee.  That is until our windows began to cloud.  We attempted to contact them and even though our Warrantee clearly says, "lifetime" they would not even speak with us further.   They made several rounds of excuses.  Eventually we faxed them the contact that says, LIFETIME WARRANTEE!!

They then informed us that the contractor had given us the wrong warrantee.

Ply Gem Window is the worst!!  They purposely sell products that they know will fail and do not keep their word.

Plygem of Auburn steals money from the American tax payer.  There is currently a group of angry consumers that are planing on putting together a class action law suit.

If you need

Unless you are a lawyer and want to represent yourself in court.

Find help anywhere but with Ply Gem of Aurburn.  They will take your money and stick it in their own pockets.   They hate their customers and steal tax money.

They are worst then criminals.

I call it highway robbery.

They call it business.

Vote with your dollars.

Hire a company who's warrantees mean something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ply-Gem-Windows-Auburn-WA/Auburn-Washington-98001/Ply-Gem-Windows-Auburn-WA-Replacement-Windows-Scam-Auburn-Washington-847672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ply Gem Windows | Auburn WA

Best windows and service

AUTHOR: Seattle Consumer - ()

My home had new Ply Gem windows installed in May 2001 in both my residence and a duplex I own. They have been the best windows I’ve ever had. When some seals were broken and spring mechanisms were sprung on the duplex (since it was not my residence the complete warranty was good for 10 yrs) I contacted the warranty dept. They were very easy to deal with and came out and fixed the windows at no charge and no questions asked.

Not long after that two windows on my residence had broken seals, and two more had to have a spring replaced. Once again no problems at all dealing with them. Since I’ve had the windows on my residence since 2001 there was another time when they needed repair. Once again no problem.

Finally, one window needs a couple parts to make it work properly. I just phoned Ply Gem and was helped immediately. They had my info on file from the last repair. The person was pleasant and will have someone get in touch with me to set up a time to repair my window.

I’ve found the warranty dept to be a delight to work with and very responsive. I would recommend them to others and will use them on another project I am working on.

#2 General Comment

I think this report is bogus

AUTHOR: Kenb - ()

I'm not an employee, a former employee or end user of Plygem Windows in Auburn WA.  I own a company that recommends Plygem Windows over any other replacement window in Washington.  We replace old inefficient windows with New Efficient windows.  Plygem builds a window that is perfect for replacing any home in the Northwest.  There is no better window at the price.  In my experience, the warranty is great.  I've heard of many other windows that are sold and installed in the Seattle area that are built out of town that don't hold a candle to Plygem.  The warranty is weak.  It normally doesn't cover labor.  So how are you going to get the repair done?  No one knows a window better than the builder.  Not even the installer....  Some windows aren't built locally and aren't serviced locally.  That's the first warning.  Plygem windows are built from scratch in Auburn WA.  Right down the road from any town in King, Snohomish, Pierce Counties and so on...  They have a service department that services the windows that they build by thier technician.  I ask my cusotmers to allow me to fill out any warranty requests for them.  It's been mostly flawless.  I've NEVER had a warranty request denied.  Going on 10 years.  NEVER.  I don't know what these people's situation is but it doesn't seem right at all.

#3 General Comment

Ply gem windows Auburn WA

AUTHOR: dianestone - (United States of America)

Plygem windows Auburn WA dose not keep their word about certificates that their contractors hand out inappropriately.  Why should they?  Always make sure you double check with the MANUFACTURER themselves.  Do not expect that just because it is in writing that, "lifetime" means "lifetime"   It you want a company like, "Ply Gem" to keep their word, prepare to hire an attorney.   It is called, "Business"  This is the real world, not a fairy tale.  Buyer should always beware!  Good men come to ruin amongst those who are not good.  Stop complaining and stuck it up. Plygem is like everyone else.