Complaint Review: Plymouth Direct

• Updated: Sat, December 01, 2012

• Reported By: Rod S — Manheim Pennsylvania United States of America
Plymouth Direct
425 Stump Road North Wales, Pennsylvania United States of America

Plymouth Direct Company gave my credit card number to toher soliciters. Had to close card number and get new one. North Wales, Pennsylvania

I saw an ad for skintag remover on TV.  I did a search online and found the product.  After I pressed the button to order it, more options to add to my order came up, but no order verification.  I clicked on one of the choices hoping that it would allow me to edit my order.  I didn't like what was going on so I closed the web site instead of finishing the order.  I then went in and ordered what I wanted and quit.
    I got email verification later for 2 orders.  I sent an email to tell them about the confusing web site, and that I only wanted one order.  The next day my wife got a confusing phone call from someone about the order.  When it was over she wasn't sure what had just happened.  I was angry and called them and. told them I wanted to cancel both orders and forget about the whole thing.  They told me I couldn't.  After further communication they asked for the 2 order numbers.  I was told that the order numbers were not proper order numbers.  I told them they were the order numbers I received by email from them.  I was told they would see what they could do.
    About 2 1/2 weeks later a charge for the one order showed up on my credit card transactions.  It was only for one order which I was ready to accept until I saw two more charges for $1.00 from 2 companies I never heard from.  Their phone numbers were listed on the transaction, so I called them to see what the charges were for.  We were given a free (for the $1.00) 30 day trial in there programs, which would eventually cost a monthly fee.  I asked where they got our credit card number and was told it was part of the Tag Away upgrade.  After lengthly heated discussions I got my membership with both of them cancelled.
    Since then more transactions came in on my credit card so the credit card company put the charges in dispute and cancelled our card number, and issued us a new card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plymouth-Direct/North-Wales-Pennsylvania-19455/Plymouth-Direct-Company-gave-my-credit-card-number-to-toher-soliciters-Had-to-close-ca-976601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plymouth Direct