Complaint Review: Plymouth Direct

• Submitted: Mon, March 14, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Valerie Umberger — marysville Washington United States of America
Plymouth Direct
425 Stump Road (P.O. Box 427) Internet United States of America

Plymouth Direct Gyro Bowls Gyro bowls - Ripped Off - Don't Work Internet

*Consumer Comment: My experience with Gyro Bowl

I called in to order Gyro Bowls all went fine until they wanted to sell me additional items I hit NO and it kept asking about more items - before I knew what happened I had ordered an additional 3 bowls.  I immediately tried to contact them with no response as you are routed to a voice message that says "due to call volume - we are unable to answer - please try again.  I called several times a day for 10 days in a row.  They called me to thank me for the order and when I told them that I needed to cancel the order they told me it was to late that part of the order had been shipped and I told them to cancel the part that had not been shipped and they told me they would transfer me.  They sure did - right back to the phone message.  I finally got my bowls - 2 bowls cost me $55 - you would think they would work but no they spill.  How would anyone spend that much money on 2 bowls.  the bowls were supposed to be $14.95 plus 15.95 in shipping - I know my math is not the greatest but I am sure it does not add up to $55.  I will never purchase anything from this company again.  Plymouth direct is a rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2011 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plymouth-Direct/internet/Plymouth-Direct-Gyro-Bowls-Gyro-bowls-Ripped-Off-Dont-Work-Internet-705962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plymouth Direct

My experience with Gyro Bowl

AUTHOR: Angie Z - (United States of America)

I have two gyro bowls that my 2 year old daughter uses and they work perfectly fine for us. I'm baffled by your claim that this product doesn't work. You might want to make sure that its put together right as I've noticed that if the actual bowl isn't snapped in to the holes holding in it will not gyrate. I think this is a great product and am thankful to my mother in law for gifting this product to us. As far as your other complaint about them trying to scam you out of money, I wouldn't know since, as previously stated, these were a gift.