• Report: #282077

• Submitted: Wed, October 31, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:NewLondon New Hampshire
Poet.com Poetry.com Howard Ely ,
Poetry Plaza Owenigs Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poet.com ,Poetry.com ,Howard Ely Several Other Related Names My daughter was murdered and the dedication poem that was used and abused was about her life and death. I was charged and given false promises about my poems- they used my literary works and are still billing my credit card theree years later! Maryland/ New Hampshire Internet

*Consumer Comment: My experience with this company has been excellent

My daughter was missing then brutally murdered. In my sorrow and searching for some healing, I wrote some poems dedicated to my daughter and entering [Poetry. com] contests in 2005 I was billed and promised to have her memory placed in a leather bound book by that Christmas. that I paid for the service and book[s] only ordering one- and was charged several times for this however, no book.

Today 2007 I was recently re- billed on my credit card by [Howard Ely Poet.com]. this was sneaky and deliberately a rip off! I wish to suit for all the literary dishonesty and the degrading of myself and my murdered daughters dedication /memory and the money bled from my account. How abusive this is to do to people!Please do not fall victim to these poetry parasites!

Lylah rose
NewLondon, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2007 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetcom-Poetrycom-Howard-Ely-/Owenigs-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetcom-Poetrycom-Howard-Ely-Several-Other-Related-Names-My-daughter-was-murdered-and-282077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poet.com Poetry.com Howard Ely ,

My experience with this company has been excellent

AUTHOR: Published - (U.S.A.)

I submitted a poem and it was selected as Editor's Choice and later I recieved a letter stating it had also been selected for the best Poets of the Year. I never paid this company to publish my poem. I recieved 3 books. I also received several pins and medallions. At absolutley no cost to me, I recieved a very nice wooden backed plaque dedicating me as the years "Editors Choice". I don't see this as a rip off at all and suggest you contact the company as an error has obviously occurred. They have published several of my sisters poems and once we did purchase a copy of one of her books, and it was received within a few months as the publishing date was three months after we submitted payment but they told us this when we called and then it came promptly at the time they said it would. I have recieved many offers to purchase items and memberships, but this is all optional, and has nothing to do with your poem being published or recieving a book you may have purchased. I think it's great the Howard Ely has given poets a place to publish their content to the masses without any cost to them as getting a piece published on your own is very difficult. Many poets spend a lot of money producing their own books in hopes they will make a profit. I can proudly say I am a published poet, I still own the rights to my own poem, and have a beautiful book to display my work in, so how is this a "scam?" I think you should call the company and work out your issues. They have a phone number listed on their website for customer service. You should get this matter corrected and as you have already paid you should recieve both a book and a refund for the additional charges. I think it would still be nice for you to see your poem published and if it wasn't already then they have future editions they can include your poem in, but you do have to wait for the publishing date before they can ship. I'm very sorry for your loss. My poem was also about a departed loved one and I enjoy having my poem immortalizing my feelings and memories. Good Luck to you always.