Complaint Review: Poetry - Howard Ely

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:Green Bay Wisconsin
Poetry - Howard Ely
poetry.com Owing Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry - Howard Ely - International Library Of Poetry, American Poets - Watermark Press I sent this organization only 1 of the many poems I had written. The entire thing was a huge disappointment. I was crushed. Owings Mills Maryland

I love to write poetry. It is an outlet for me. I suffer from severe depression and my poetry is part of my life. I went online and googled poetry contests. I found Poetry.com. It sounded perfect! I sat and keyed in my poem and submitted it. This poem was extremely heartfelt and personal to me. The site e-mailed me in about 2 weeks. I was thrilled to know that my poem had earned an editor's choice award.

When I read further the e-mail stated that I had to purchase my own award. It also said that I was going to be published in their newest anthology...but I also had to purchase that if I wanted to ever see my poem in that book. I was crushed! But at the same time very relieved that I only sent one of my works to them. To Howard Ely and the rest of you at Petry.com: How will you explain this to your Maker??

Shannon
Green Bay, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2007 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetry-Howard-Ely/Owing-Mills-Maryland/Poetry-Howard-Ely-International-Library-Of-Poetry-American-Poets-Watermark-Press-I-292354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry - Howard Ely