determination

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Poetry.com Howard Ely: Famous Poets:Lavender Aurora
1 Owen Mills Plaza Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Poetry.com Howard Ely: Famous Poets: Lavender Aurora Have sent me numerous certificates, invitations to resite my poetry, tried to sell me the book, displayed a web page of my work with numerous offering to purchase my work on plaques, Talent Oregon

As a former talent agent, I was very skeptical from the beginning, especially since they were trying to sell me my own work. I basically started using Poetry.com to copyright my work and in the beginning before I did that, I would poor man copy my work to myself by putting my work in a self addressed envolope to myself and took it to the post office for the date stamp which would cover me and when I received my work I would not open the envelope.

However as time went by I have received so many acheivment awards and invitations that I started writing directly to them through the web sites. Some of my work did not get poor man copied. It is very embarrassing since I am a licensed talent agent and know better about copyrights.

I have written many works on famous people and personal works for the works of the deceased. It is very upsetting and I hope these people get caught. When I owned my music agency, one of our songs became a big hit and went global and that was stolen from us even though we were members of ASCAP. There's a lot of back stabbing in this business.

So to my fellow writers and composers, I suggest you copyright all your work to yourself first, don't open the envolope and have it post stamped at your post office. I would love to reveal my name and my work, I love to write and I will continue to write until the day I close my eyes. Keep writing, your talents will be heard.

Jerseygirlmia
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-Howard-Ely-Famous-PoetsLavender-Aurora/Talent-Oregon-97540/Poetrycom-Howard-Ely-Famous-Poets-Lavender-Aurora-Have-sent-me-numerous-certificates-i-386596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com Howard Ely: Famous Poets:Lavender Aurora