Complaint Review: Poetry.com, Howard Ely

poetry.com Internet U.S.A.

Poetry.com, Howard Ely Swindling talented poets with false recognition Internet

*Consumer Comment: Poetry.com rip off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: loveeee

I am also an unfortunate victim of Poetry.com. Howard Ely has not had the opportunity to steal my money, but he has stolen some of my poetry. Those who have been a victim of this crook in sheep's clothing know the usual story of how he sends entrants a note claiming they have received an award or been entered into Poetry.com's "10,000.00" contest. I by chance have been awarded the so-called "Editor's Choice Award" for my work.

I'd heard of some of the negative emails referring to Mr. Ely, but because my very own sister claimed to have "won" a medal for a poem she entered - I'll probably ask her to make sure she didn't purchase it lol - and also because one of my poems was also rejected by the website, I felt that perhaps the solicitations were a necessary part of financing for the website.

That was, until I received a letter inviting me to a special convention announcing their grand prize winner. The scumbag "informed" me that this convention would not only have special workshops featuring popular poets, but would also feature a special guest singer: Rubben Studdard! Recently I received an email with Howard Ely claiming to have received poetry from people such as "Archbishop Desmond Tutu, former U.S. President Bill Clinton, and the late 'Man in Black,' Johnny Cash."

I think any lawyers interested in Poetry.com's controversy should definitely challenge the website on the basis of these assertions, as this man is swindeling the dreams of thousands with his lies and false claims.

Lmvalle
Graham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2007 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-Howard-Ely/internet/Poetrycom-Howard-Ely-Swindling-talented-poets-with-false-recognition-Internet-280910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com, Howard Ely

Poetry.com rip off

AUTHOR: sinnerman1 - (United States of America)

I was like most people who found Poetry.com website and thought I would see if my poem was very good. I bet everyone who sent them a poem got told the same thing that there poem was in the top ten nationwide and envited me to a poets convention ,I think in Floride. Lucky for me I had a brain a smelled a rat at first. But now 5 years later I was trying to pull up my poem on there website and could not find away to look at my poem. That drew me to this website and I read about this fraud. Fortunately I lost no money or had any loss other than some humiliation to friends who might have though I was a dummy. Is there anything I can do for some restitution for this.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

loveeee

AUTHOR: catherine janet taylor---- Lovee - (United States of America)

i need my money from howard ely he syeal my poem / lyric call loveeee