• Report: #198255

• Submitted: Mon, June 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 16, 2007

• Reported By:Tennesse Colony Texas
Poetry.com, International Library Of Poetry, American Poets
1 Poetry Plaza Ownings Mills, Ohio U.S.A.

Poetry.com, International Library Of Poetry, American Poets Gave false and misleading information. Ripoff!! Ownings Mills Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Same here

*Author of original report: I understand you anger.

*Consumer Comment: I talked to the same rude women

This is to inform people of the unethical pratices of Poetry.com. I have been writing short stories and poetry since I was young. I recently submitted a poem to poetry.com. The site seemed real.

I was sent a letter several weeks later stating that I had been choosen as a semi finalist. I was excited until I seen they were asking me to pay them for the book my poetry was suppose to be published in.

So I decided to do some online imvestigating and found several sites talking about poetry.com. All the information I found regarding them was negative of course.

I called the number listed and spoke to a smart mouth, ghetto sounding female. She became very angry as soon as I asked who ran the company. She refused me any information and hung up. I called her back shortly after and it rang and rang. She finally answered saying hello, hello very loudly.

I hope she and her partners if there are any can live with what they are doing to people. All I can say is what goes around comes around. CROOKS!!

Sandra
Tennesse Colony, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2006 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry-American-Poets/Ownings-Mills-Ohio-21117/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry-American-Poets-Gave-false-and-misleading-info-198255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com, International Library Of Poetry, American Poets

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Sportzgirl25 - (U.S.A.)

Yea, I got the same letter. I'm from Maryland, not too far from owings mills. I had a good mind to go up there to speak with these people, but I chose the high road. I'm only 17 and I knew it was a scam because I always see the glass as half empty so to speak. My mom was the person who was excited and what not. Anyway, this should get some national attention so people can save their money.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I understand you anger.

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

I am glad you seen this website before you sent any money. I also caught on before sending anything. Thank God for watching out for me.

I understand the being angry. I was very angry and that soon turned into sadness. What's bad is they still send me email from time to time. When you attempt to be removed from the mailing list it doesn't work. I also get things in the regular mail which I have decided to return to sender.

Due to all of this I have stopped writing as much. I feel as if maybe I am not a good writer so I doubt my writings. Of course, blocking my abilities to put anything down. Please don't let that happen to you. Keep writing and looking for other outlets. I wish you the best of luck.

God Bless

I talked to the same rude women

AUTHOR: Sheila - (U.S.A.)

I think it is a scam to in fact I know it is because I talked to her twice .

One of my poems is missing off their website so I called them I talked to the rude lady and she told me that it was being reviewed by judges for the contest.

I called them today got the same lady. She told me that poems are usually taken off because of it being playgerized or it had profanity in it.

I did not playgerize it and there was no profanity in ti. They probably stole it.

I am glad I did not send any money I was going to until I came across all this rip off reports about them.

sorry I am writing so much I am just pissed off. I know you must be to.