occasions

• Submitted: Thu, July 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:Port Jervis New York
Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry
One Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry ripoff poetry scam Owings Mills Maryland

I entered a contest for $1000 before, I knew it I was a semi finalist for a convention that I had to pay for and was to be published in a beautiful book that did not claim to be a vanity publisher, So I paid for my book I was published in, and received it months later and to my disgrace and utter humiliation and embarrassment when my collegues viewed the book, My profile had typos and omitted words, that were not of my doing, and the other artist work were filled with grammatical errors, Then I have to make a long distance call and hold for 28 minutes and hopefully they will send me a new book.

The $75 I paid for the book and its contents was absolutely ill prepared and my joy drained from my soul as I relized I should have went with my first instinct, and that my words were not as special as they made me feel, just so they can makeover $12,000 on all the artist who were on those 223 pages, In addition since I was unable to attend the convention they were so nice to offer me to ship my extremely heavy award and medallion and offered to display my poetry for only $169 but since I can't pay for it I just can't have the awards, moreover I was no longer eligble to be a semi finalist since I had to read in front of the judges at the convention in Las vegas.

I thought when I started this whole process there was no purchase necessary to be in the contest, but because I could not afford the cost of $500 for the convention and the cost of airfair and hotel, my poem is not elgible for the contest. Instead of pure elation for being published I feel total disgrace and will never show my work in this book to anyone, Where was the editor before the book went to print? Out spending the profiit of others visions. I feel as though I was a fool to succumb to this scam and literally raped of my dignity, One Last thing for all you amateur photographers use caution they are also linked to another buissiness that I caught on to quick by the same format letters and mail merge in the same owings mills md.

Lanay
Port Jervis, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2006 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-International-Library-Of-Poetry-ripoff-poetry-scam-Owings-Mills-Maryland-202077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com - International Library Of Poetry