Complaint Review: Poetry.com / International Society Of Poetry

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2008

• Reported By:Bellmore New York
Poetry.com / International Society Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com / International Society Of Poetry I want my poems of this riduclous website Owings Mills Maryland

As an amateur poet, I wanted to start getting known in the writing world, thus when I got a message about poetry.com. Thinking that I could earn some needed cash while doing something I was passionate about, I sent my poem "Hospital- An Accident".

Several weeks later on May 15, 2008, I receive an email saying that I'm a semifinalist. Excited by the news, I hurriedly went back on the site and entered another poem "That Which Divides the Sheep from Men" in hopes of getting that iPod shuffle the site was advertising. Now after doing all the writing, I looked back at the email I recieved and looked at the offers.

Of course I was excited to see that I would get published in a "prestigious, international book" as so stated in the email. But before ordering anything, I checked out The Immortal Verses Series and ended up on sites such as this one as well as Yahoo!Answers where I found out that poetry.com is a scam.

Knowing this, I now want my poems off that site because I don't know who's using and where. If anyone at all is using it for his/her profit, I want that person caught and punished. No one except the original authors should have the right to earn profit off of the authors' works.

Once againg, my poems "Hospital- An Accident" and "That Which Divides the Sheep from Men" are mine and mine alone. poetry.com shoulde be shut down once and for all for scamming work off of me and other poets alike.

Eileen
Bellmore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2008 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-International-Society-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-International-Society-Of-Poetry-I-want-my-poems-of-this-riduclous-website-Owi-332767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com / International Society Of Poetry