Complaint Review: Poetry.com International Society Of Poets

• Submitted: Thu, July 15, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 15, 2004

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Poetry.com International Society Of Poets
1 Poetry Plaza Owing Mills Aryland, MD 21117-6282 Owing Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com\ International Society Of Poets falsely awarded, charged me for my own work published, promise of awards at ceremony, but charged for as well Owing Mills Maryland

I sent in a poem to the International Society Of Poets then was invited to read my work at a Summer Convention and Symposium. I was promised all sorts of plaques, a silver award bowl, and also a madallion to award my achievements. I was told that I would read my work there and could be discovered by publishers looking for new talent. I was told of many celebrities in attendance that I would meet.

This event would be recorded for broadcast by renowned poet, Grace Cavalieri. They required approximatey 465.00 dollars for me to be able to attend. Poetry.com excepted one other poem of mine to be published in there anthology and to record for there C-D compilation called, The Sound Of Music. I was required to pay 50.00 per book and 58.00 for the c-d set. I am really hurt emtionally because sense this is a scam, I don't know if my work is good or not.

Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2004 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-International-Society-Of-Poets/Owing-Mills-Maryland-21117-6282/Poetrycom-International-Society-Of-Poets-falsely-awarded-charged-me-for-my-own-work-pu-99026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com International Society Of Poets