Complaint Review: Poetry.com - Lulupoetry.com

• Updated: Tue, October 06, 2009

• Reported By: Katie55 — Winter Springs Florida USA
Poetry.com - Lulupoetry.com
http://www.poetry.com Internet United States of America

Poetry.com - Lulupoetry.com Poetry I had submitted to Poetry.com is no longer there and I cannot contact anyone. Internet

Some years ago I had written several poems of which I submitted to Poetry.com.  They told me that one of my poems had been chosen and that I was eligible to win 20,000.00.  Of course because I was chosen one of my poems would be printed in a book of poetry and would be entered in some poetry society.  I HAD TO BUY THE BOOK!  Next, I heard they were scammers so I asked and asked for them to delete my account, take my poetry off their site etc.  Now, I head they have possibly taken not only my poetry but others as well and have sold or printed without permission.
When I logged in recently to poetry.com I was redirected to Lulupoetry.com.

One of my poems is missing altogether.  It was and still is my finest of all and I know it had great potential for being published.  There is no contact information so I can find out what happened to my poem.  A phone number cannot be found, an email address NOTHING AT ALL.

I am deleting my poetry but fear they have copied my poems and are printing or selling them to other poets possibly.  This is an outrage and they should not be allowed to continue to scam people.  What can I do at this point?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-Lulupoetrycom/internet/Poetrycom-Lulupoetrycom-Poetry-I-had-submitted-to-Poetrycom-is-no-longer-there-and-I-505220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com - Lulupoetry.com