Complaint Review: Poetry.com , Poets.com

• Submitted: Fri, June 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2007

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Poetry.com , Poets.com
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com ,poets.com Scam/Ripoff, dishonest conduct Owings Mills Maryland

Yes, it's true..! Poetry.com and poets.com is all one big scheme to swindle money out of unsuspecting poets and writers all around the world. They tell you that no money will be made from the sell of the books and poetry, but that's a lie. They profit wonderfully off of our work. They also said that the books will NOT be sold to the public, but that's another lie.

Back in October of 2006 I submitted poems on their site and I was soon hassled by the company by mail and email telling me I was a semi-finalist in many contests. I thought, "Great..! I'd finally be getting recognition for my poetry." But then they told me I'd have to pay for winning awards that I've EARNED and that's the only way I could get them.

They told me my poem was about to be published in their up and coming book, Immortal Verses, and I should pay $49.95 per book and lots of other rediculous fees for postage and all. So, I paid it no mind and coughed up $85.00 and waited for what seemed like forever for my book.

About 1 year to be exact, I recieved a book called, "Forever Spoken" which featured my poem and the quality was not what I was told it would be. The material presented in the book was dull and unsatisfactory, so I found their address and phone number by calling my bank and requesting a statement.

I called the number and wrote them 2 letters demanding refunds for a total of over $100. The number is: 410-356-2000. Even though I finally recieved my book, they still owe me money because I've been charged too much on their other site, poets.com. They haven't responded to any of my request since May. Just keep calling and writing them. Always have you're VIP number and account information handy. Also, keep a good record of any of your transactions with them in case you have to take legal actions.

Good Luck...!

Their address, email and phone info is below:

Poetry.com
1 Poetry Plaza
Owings Mills, MD 21117

Email: contact@poets.com
Phone: 410-356-2000

Jackie
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-Poetscom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-poetscom-ScamRipoff-dishonest-conduct-Owings-Mills-Maryland-256201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com , Poets.com