Complaint Review: Poetry.com, The International Library Of Poetry, Howard Ely;Editor

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2007

• Reported By:Lampasas Texas
Poetry.com, The International Library Of Poetry, Howard Ely;Editor
One Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com, The International Library Of Poetry, Howard Ely;Editor Scam Owings Mills Maryland

I had submitted one poem in 2005, and one in 2006. When I recieved the news it was to be published I was thrilled! When I got the copy for editing, with all the advertisements for EXPENSIVE products, I was pi**ed! I never ordered a copy from them. I mean $50 for a little book of unknown poets? NOT! So, I just figured there would be books out there, with my poetry, and I was content with that. I ended up finding a used copy of one of the books, on Amazon, for $10, and figured what the heck! I won't spend $50, But $10 sure.

Lo and behold, I get the book, one of my poems is supposed to be published in, It's NOT there! This company is making a mint, misrepresenting itself to poets. $50-$60 bucks a pop depending if you add a dedication page. All for a book that gets cycled.

I figure, what they do, is only publish if you have payed for a copy, otherwise they lie about it being in the book, as an advertising gimmick. If you pay, you actually are published. If you don't pay, you're SOL. They are fairly obscure books, so you aren't likely to actually find out you weren't published after all.

I hope somebody actually ends up suing their respective a**es, and puts these scammers out of business. Makes me wonder, with all their lies, if there is a real person/s whom actually win the supposed contest prize money? I have serious doubts.

My advise, avoid this company like the plague. There are plenty of real publishers, both print and E, that will publish unknowns, be honest and upfront about it, and won't cloak their purpose under the guise of a contest.

Lampasas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Howard-ElyEditor/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Howard-ElyEditor-Scam-Owings-Mills-Maryl-250985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com, The International Library Of Poetry, Howard Ely;Editor