Complaint Review: Poetry.com - The International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Sun, April 25, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 03, 2004

• Reported By:Buckholts Texas
Poetry.com - The International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com - The International Library Of Poetry ripoff misleading and false information services not rendered Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: I was mislead by Poetry. com as well as Noble House London. com

As many others, I was also promised that after carefully reading and discussing my poem with other members of the Selection Committee, my poem was certified to be published in the next anthology titled, "The Silence Within" in the Summer 2001 and would be attending an award ceremony (at my expense) at a very special seminar, at which time I would be presented with my award.

The letter was from the "Managing Editor", Howard Ely. He stated, "Debbie, you should be genuinely proud of your accomplishment and you will receive the achieved recognition you so deserve". I was very proud of my work and these people shot me down without ever giving it a second thought.

Needless to say, I have looked and researched over and over again for my published poetry and have yet to find it anywhere except on their website.

It sure makes it hard to trust anyone when you're trying to find a legite publisher. I'm so doubtful of everyone I send my work to. Do I believe what that say, or not?

Debbie
Buckholts, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2004 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-ripoff-misleading-and-false-information-s-88939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com - The International Library Of Poetry

I was mislead by Poetry. com as well as Noble House London. com

AUTHOR: Kristen - (U.S.A.)

I was told that I had great tallant and was contacted several times by these two "organizations." Like many others I was invited to the weekend awards seramony at Disney, which I did not attend. I e-mailed the owner of the company, Steve Michaels, and he assured me that if I sent them a resonable abount of money that they would send me the awards. I did not do this either bec. my parents informed me that it was a waste of money and that it was probably a rip off.

My mother tried to look up Poetry.com on the internet previous to the invite and of coarse she found nothing. I am sixteen and I think its wrong that people no matter what the age can be taken advantage of like this. Is there not more that can be done? Can I not get more that my money back? If people know about this fraud why is there not more being done about it. I habe Steve Michaels e-mail address, it is smichaels@poetry.com.