Complaint Review: Poetry.com ,the International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:Harvest Alabama
Poetry.com ,the International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com ,the International Library Of Poetry Wow! My poem I submitted was chosen to be a finalist in a Intrenational Open Poetry Contest! HOGWASH! Owings Mills Maryland

I was one of the dumies who decided to enter one of my poems in a so called contest by Poetry.com. I was so excited when I heard I was a finalist in this contest! Top prize, $1,000.00! Then I was sent a letter saying they were going to publish my poem in a book "beacuse it was so good", I only had to pay a small fee of $45.00 & $25.00 for my biography!

Later I recieved an email that said I was chosen to attend the International Society of Poets' Annual Connvention and Symposium! I of course have to pay my own way! I also would have to attend and read my poem to the judges to win. Since I wouldn't be able to attend, for 0nly $169 plus s&h, I could still recieve my Outstanding Achievement Award! This is crazy and a ripoff, espically for my own work!

Jenni
Harvest, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom-the-International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117-6282/Poetrycom-the-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Wow-My-poem-I-submitted-was-chosen-to-be-351348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com ,the International Library Of Poetry