Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Sat, May 03, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2014

• Reported By: CMO — Clinton Mississippi
Owings Mill, Maryland USA

Poetry.com Chandler ViccioHoward ElyInternational Society of Poets Scam, RipOff, HeartRippers, Dreamkillers Owings Mill Maryland

I was working my first job and fulfilling my dream of trying to pursue publishing my poetry. Long story short this fake "Chandler Viccio" scammed me out of $200 hard earned dollars having me believe that I was going to be holding my very first book in my hand full of my poetry. Upon requesting more money, I sent a second check in the amount of $50 because he said that it would cover more pages in my book meaning I had more pages than expected, I decided to go to the website to check the status of my book.

Upon going to the website I saw that it had disappeared and the number provided was never answered I hurried and called my bank to stop payment on the $50.00 check. Weeks later, in the mail, I received all of my poems that I had mailed, my canceled check, and a letter that was meaningless with no return address. I cried. I was young and ripped off for the very first time in my life. I trusted no publishing company thereafter until I came across (((competitor's name redacted))). They are a Christian company and very trustworthy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mill-Maryland/Poetrycom-Chandler-ViccioHoward-ElyInternational-Society-of-Poets-Scam-RipOff-HeartRip-1143884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com