Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2003

• Reported By:Tiffin Ohio
Poetry.com
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com Aka International Library Of Poetry is more bogus with every passing day Owings Mills Maryland

3 weeks ago, I sent a letter to these fakes and asked that my poems be removed from their site. After I found out it was a bogus site, I figured it was the best thing to do. Well, surprise surprise surprise.....the poems are still there. Evidently, not only are these "geniuses" phonies, but they can't read.

I have read a couple of the posts concerning people scared to get any of their writings out there for fear of comments from others. I was the same, and like them, I felt I had found my outlet with poetry.com. Better to learn this lesson sooner rather than later. I keep checking the site to see if maybe, by some act of God, my writings are gone. I will keep checking. Oh...one other thing.

If you get an e-mail from them and want to respond via "reply", you are wasting your time.
It comes back that the message couldn't be delivered. Rather interesting that you can't communicate with them through a reply to an e-mail that THEY sent.

So don't waste your time in writing to these knotheads to get your poems deleted from their useless site. Better to keep your writings with you and look for real and lucrative places to have them published.

To poetry.com.....guess what fellas? The word is out of you guys, and the word ain't all that good!!!!

Keep writing y'all. Don't let this rotten experience turn you surly to the joy of writing. We will win...and they will not be able to profit from our triumph!

William
Tiffin, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2003 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-Aka-International-Library-Of-Poetry-is-more-bogus-with-every-passing-day-Owings-65687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com