Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Brooksville Florida
Poetry.com
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com Copyright Infringement? Owings Mills Maryland

I googled my own name, Simon Peter D. First on the list was a poem I wrote called "Confession" that I had submitted to poetry.com for their "contest". When I pulled up the site, I found that anyone can order my poem printed on a T-Shirt, Mouse Pad, Plaque and more.

I do not believe they have ever acquired my permission to use my poem other than to publish it in a collection of poetry.

I believe poetry.com is using me, and people like me to profiteer and is infringing on copyrights of myself, and many others.

I would be willing to join a class action lawsuit just to shut this place down.

Simon
Brooksville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2008 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-Copyright-Infringement-Owings-Mills-Maryland-401628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com