Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2008

• Reported By:Barberton Ohio
Poetry.com
www.poetry.com Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com Poetry.com lied. Owings Mills Maryland

I'm a 17 year old girl and have been writing poems to poetry.com (also famouspoets.com) for the past four years of my life. I haven't recieved anything at all. I just sent a poem in this year, it's titled "Why" and I seen this box on the site of my poem and it said, buy book. I thought, " This can't be right, I just wrote this poem." So, I clicked on the button and it said on the page it took me to that my poem was published in this book that came out in the winter of 2006. How is that possible when I just wrote it? I think it's not right how they are making money off of people's poems, something that came straight out of are minds that we want to make money off of and they get to instead. How do they find it right? I own the copyright to my poems, and their site is proof. All the papers they sent me in the mail saying how they liked my poem and everything doesn't mean anything. If I was really that good, then how come I didn't get noticed?? Can someone explain this to me?

Dee
Barberton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetrycom-Poetrycom-lied-Owings-Mills-Maryland-362672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com