Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2008

• Reported By:Dubai Other
1 Poetry Plaza, Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com,International Library Of Poets Misleading Amature Poets Owings Mills Maryland

I was just about to fill in my form for getting my book published, as offered by Poetry.com.Before doing that I searched for more information on poetry.com and ended here! I submitted my first poem to them around 5 years back! I was 15 then.And got all excited after getting the letter of approval.

Then after 2 years one of my cousin (participant of poetry.com) got $100 as prize-money, that assured me poetry.com is no fraud.

Now, I am getting several offers from them asking me to publish my own book, attend some convention, join the poets society and all that stuff. Well I won't go in much details, I just have one question:
Why not U.S government take any action against them?

United Arab Emirates

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Poetry Scams-Various Website & Organizations

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2008 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/PoetrycomInternational-Library-Of-Poets-Misleading-Amature-Poets-Owings-Mills-Maryland-324214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com