Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 23, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, May 04, 2004

• Reported By:Wichita Kansas
Poetry.com
Poetry.com 1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

The International Library Of Poetry - Poetry.com I paid $90.00 for books with my work in it and never recieved them Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Poetry.com - Received Book Paid For

I simply recieved a letter saying that my work would be published in a book that would be in bookstores, and I could get a first-print copy, earlier than those buying the book when it actually came out. I sent a total of $90.00 to this company for twc copies of the book, one for my mother and one for me.

My Mom was so happy to think I would be recieving recognition for all those years of writing. But the books NEVER came. I have only been treated like this by a company once before. I was surprised by the behavior of a seemingly reputable company. I never got my money back, but I digress.

L.
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2004 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/The-International-Library-Of-Poetry-Poetrycom-I-paid-9000-for-books-with-my-work-in-i-88780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com

Poetry.com - Received Book Paid For

AUTHOR: Gloria - (U.S.A.)

I'm writing to let you know that we did not have any problems with Poetry.com as reported by L from Wichita, Kansas.

My son entered their poetry contest and also received a letter of congratulations. We decided to order an advance copy of the book which promised to print his poem as well as a mousepad with his poem on it. We paid for these in advance and after a few weeks of promised publication date we did receive the published book that indeed had his poem printed along with entries from other people. We also received the mousepad within the time they promised. We were very satisfied with the book and the service. I just wanted to let people know that we did not have any problems with this organization and received what was promised and paid for.

Also wanted to say that the publication date they quote in the letter is not an exact date but an estimated one. So it may take a little longer to receive the books than anticipated. You may still receive the books you ordered but may take a month or two longer than date you were expecting. If I remember correctly, our letter stated publication sometime in September but did not receive the book until a couple of months or three months after estimated publication date. You may still receive your books in the next few months from now.