Complaint Review: Poetry.com

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 20, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Nebraska
Poetry.com
www.poetry.com Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poetry.com Contest Scam Owings Mills Maryland they wanted me to pay $165.00 to get my award for my poety for being poet of the year Owings Mills Maryland

I am a poet and have been for number of years..when I started putting poety on poetry. come the letters started coming in and they said they would be having a big meeting and Dinner, I knew in the back of my mind sending $165.00 for an award that I was not going to get I was thinking there had to be a catch to it because there is no way on earth that I was going to spend or send $165.00 Just to get my award since I had told them I would not be coming to there meeting and dinner, I had number of books from poety.com that my pomes were to be in but I never got any of the money that a author of a pome is to get for there wrighting, I even have my own poetry that I have written and Published by another company and I hold copyrights to my book as well as the poetry that appers in books from poetry.com the copyrights are held in washington D.C. far as it goes for me they stole my poety as well as my money.

Richard
Columbus, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetrycom/Owings-Mills-Maryland/Poetrycom-Contest-Scam-Owings-Mills-Maryland-they-wanted-me-to-pay-16500-to-get-my-awar-436147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poetry.com