Complaint Review: Poets.com - Poetry.com - Betapoets.com

• Submitted: Sun, July 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2008

• Reported By:Albion Michigan
Poets.com - Poetry.com - Betapoets.com
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

Poets.com - Poetry.com - Betapoets.com Unauthorized deduction from bank account and continual denial to my account Owings Mills Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Good idea!!

They have continually deducted money from bank account on a quarterly basis for over a year; in spite of the fact that I never authorized for an automated deduction from my account. Then they had the gull to manipulate my account and not allow access to it saying that my account is unpaid. I sent them emails, wrote letters, even called showing proof of payment from my bank. All they do is say is it will take over 10 business to investigate my account. Then they would send an email saying that I could enter my account. LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES.
So I ended up going to my bank to change my account number which was not an easy thing to process. So now Poets.com will no longer have access to it. They also caused overdrafts, because everytime I would tell them that I did not authorized any automated deductions, but it was all in vane because when Ithought it was over and done, they repeated to do for over a year.

So in actuallity, I am in the process of entering a small claims against them. Enough is enough. I am slapping the book against them.

Mrscb
Albion, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Poetscom-Poetrycom-Betapoetscom/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117/Poetscom-Poetrycom-Betapoetscom-Unauthorized-deduction-from-bank-account-and-contin-353447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Poets.com - Poetry.com - Betapoets.com

Good idea!!

AUTHOR: Pammile - (U.S.A.)

Mrscb: I do believe that if you try to round up to people file a lawsuit against poetry.com, it would prove to be successful because I for one, would definitely be in! We need to put a stop to all this!