Complaint Review: Pogo / Electronic Arts

• Updated: Thu, January 22, 2009

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Pogo / Electronic Arts
www.pogo.com Internet U.S.A.

Pogo / Electronic Arts Pogo fraud/theft. They will take your money without authorization and refuse to refund it. Redwood City California

*Consumer Comment: I believe it is a subscription

I purchased a 1 year gift subscription for my ex in Dec 2007. I cancelled my own pogo account in Nov 2008. In Dec 2008, my ex renewed her account for another year. Not knowing this, I purchased another 1 year gift subscription for her. In addition to this, pogo renewed her previous years gift subscription on my credit card without any authorization. The main issue here is how they renewed a gift subscription without authorization for the benefit of a third party, and all they had to say about it is no refunds. People have been convicted of fraud for doing exactly the same thing. If you have used a credit card on pogo, you would be wise to have your card replaced with a new number.

ELECTRONIC ARTS

+1.6506281500 fax: +1.6506281331

Chris
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pogo-Electronic-Arts/internet/Pogo-Electronic-Arts-Pogo-fraudtheft-They-will-take-your-money-without-authorization-a-414772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pogo / Electronic Arts

I believe it is a subscription

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

I think it is a subscription, so your card is charged every year until or unless you cancel (BEFORE they charge again). So, when you initially signed up, you probably gave them authorization to charge again the next year, and so on and so on, and this was probably automatically done. I don't remember ever having to re-subscribe every year, I think my card was just charged once a year until I cancelled. So, I would make sure they don't charge my card again next year. Ask them to remove your card from her account.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC