Complaint Review: Pogo.com

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: TessaD — Nelson Internet
Pogo.com
209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065 Internet United States of America

Pogo.com EA; Electronic Arts, Pogo CLub Cancelling Subscription States you can keep free time but the next screen tells you you lose everything as soon as you hit the button California, Internet

I wanted to cancel my one year subscription to Pogo.  I have been a member on and off since 2005 but the takeover by EA has changed everything and micro transactions are everywhere.

When going to cancel it gives two option (quoted directly from Pogo.com)

I wish to cancel my subscription immediately and forfeit any remaining time on my billing cycle. I will not receive a refund for time unused.  OR - I wish to have my subscription end at the end of my current billing cycle.

I selected the second option as that would mean I have a further 8 months on my account because it is due to renew in Dec 2013, I am on a one year, so that would be the end of this billing cycle right?

Wrong. [continued below]....
.....  The next page (again copied from Pogo.com) states:

Are you sure want to cancel?If you leave Club Pogo today, you'll lose access to all Club Pogo exclusive games, any badges you have earned and other Club Pogo member benefits! Want to change your billing plan? Club Pogo has a convenient monthly billing plan that starts at just $5.99 a month.

How do they get away with saying two such conflicting statements?  How is it that I can pay for an entire year and not be allowed to cancel the subscription but not be allowed to enjoy the time left I have paid for?  (Not eligible for any type of refund either)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pogocom/internet/Pogocom-EA-Electronic-Arts-Pogo-CLub-Cancelling-Subscription-States-you-can-keep-free-t-1042579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pogo.com