Complaint Review: Points Across America

• Submitted: Fri, August 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Points Across America
PO Box 766 Whitesboro, Texas U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Points Across America $44.00 given for renewal to Guideposts ripped off not applied to renewal Whitesboro Texas

On April 1, 2008, I was approached at my home by a young man named Todd who was trying to win points for a trip by selling magazines and renewals. I felt sorry for the young man, who was extremely hyper and anxious to get an order from me. I decided to renew my subscription to Guideposts and wrote a check for $44.00. (In looking at the copy of my check, I now notice that I wrote 4-1-03 rather than 4-1-08 on the check.) Unfortunately, I have misplaced the receipt given me for the renewal. However, the check was cashed promptly (even with the wrong date on it). The funds have not been applied toward my renewal to Guideposts. The check was deposited in account number 1702953153/333-tx. I realize now that I have been "scammed."

Sandy
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2008 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Points-Across-America/Whitesboro-Texas-76273/Points-Across-America-4400-given-for-renewal-to-Guideposts-ripped-off-not-applied-to-re-363237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Points Across America

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

Update: Today, August 27, 2008, I was called by a representative of Points Across America. The caller indicated the reason for the delay of my renewal was caused by a "data entry" error. She promised to correct this error and submit my renewal to Guideposts.