reserve

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
Points Across American
PO Box 766 Whitesboro, Texas U.S.A.

Points Across America Ripped Off- Wrong Magazine AND Refused Refund Within THEIR Required Time Limit Whitesboro Texas

I fell for the crap the kid at the door threw at me as well and decided to renew my MARIE CLAIRE subscription. I gave him a copy of my magazine to use to fill out the order. The price suddenly became $63.00 when he asked for a check. I know I should have said, "Get out" right then, but I felt bad so I wrote the check.

I walked back to my kitchen and looked at the receipt and he had renewed a subscription for MAXIM! I am a 39 yr old straight woman... MAXIM?! Again, I gave him a copy of the magazine to use to write up the order, so this was no accident. By the time I walked back to the door he was LONG gone.

So I sent in the refund request the next day (it says you have 3 days) and I got a letter today that says, "...unfortunately, the cancellation was not postmarked within the 3 business days from the date of sale." Then there was a photocopy of my receipt AND the postmark from the envelope that shows it WAS within the 3 days! Do they really think people are this stupid?!
I called them and of course got voice mail.

I'm an attorney who has taken a leave of absence from my firm, so I have a lot of time on my hands and will file every complaint, make every phone call, and if need be, file suit against them for the whopping $63.00. I won't have to pay for an attorney, but they will.

Cemlaw
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Points-Across-American/Whitesboro-Texas-76273/Points-Across-America-Ripped-Off-Wrong-Magazine-AND-Refused-Refund-Within-THEIR-Required-386782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Points Across American