Complaint Review: Polar Spas

• Updated: Sun, August 22, 2010

• Reported By: Tamara — Edmonton Alberta Canada
Polar Spas
5605-99 St Edmonton, Alberta United States of America

Polar Spas Chris Shaw Delivering damaged goods - offering endless promises to postpone the 90 day credit card purchase protection plan Edmonton, Alberta

Feb 12, 2010 - Myself, husband and 2 year old son walked into polar spas to look for an infra-red home sauna.  We were greeted by the President of Polar Spas and shown a two person "Signature Sunlight Sauna." We were happy and told one was available in Calgary and would be shipped out immediately upon full payment.  So on the 14 Feb, I contacted Chris who was very happy to accept my credit card payment.

Then we waited - this should have been the first indication of how this company is run; poorly.  The sauna was to arrive in Edmonton the following Tuesday.  This did not happen, I contacted the company and was informed the sauna was coming from Vancouver and would not arrive until the next week; we could wait not a huge problem but the first lie.  The sauna finally arrived at our house in March 2, delivered on a flat deck trailer without the use of softeners for the tie downs resulting in damage to 2 of the boxes. [continued below]....

As my husband and I put together the sauna; two pieces of the sauna were damaged; the left roof panel and the left wall panel.  I contacted the President of the company and sent him photos of the boxes and panels on the 3 March.  He told me they would replace the panels.  We never heard anything from him until 27 March when I once again had to contact him.  We phoned the company numerous times and left messages without returned phone calls. Finally, May 17 I was fed up and contacted the manufacturer they informed me that the company was responsible to pay for the damages due to hiring the delivery people to bring to our house.

They did a great job of keeping us happy long enough for my 90 protection plan to wear off.  It is August 22 and we still have not heard anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2010 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polar-Spas/Edmonton-Alberta-T6E3N8/Polar-Spas-Chris-Shaw-Delivering-damaged-goods-offering-endless-promises-to-postpone-the-633875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polar Spas