suggestions

• Reported By:ellicott city Maryland
Polariod Televisions
Unsure Nationwide U.S.A.

Polariod Televisions Left with no way to repair my TV Nationwide

I was searching through the web to find someone who could repair my Polaroid Television I purchased a few years back. I purchased the TV at Circuit City and chose not to get the extended warranty. (I do not have the make and model number because I am not at home typing this..) It's a fairly large flatscreen HDTV. Anyways, I came across sooooo many customer complaints about Polariod TV's on the internet. They all said the same thing. Their TV one day stopped working.. just as mine did. It had no picture,no sound, yet it had power. At first I contacted Comcast..thinking it was their problem. The technician said my connection and service was fine. It was not Comcast.I then contacted Polaroid's customer service number. The man I spoke with told me they had no way of fixing the TV. (There were no "Authorized" Polariod service centers anywhere..He stated I should return the TV to where ever I purchased it. (Circuit City) So I went there to ask them about fixing my TV. They stated with out the extended warranty they could not help me.. (my TV was just over 2? years old at the time) and I remember paying about a thousand dollars (with tax) on sale. I am so upset that I purchased such a lemon. I was on a limited income and that TV was the only way I could afford a large HD TV.
Anyways, the TV has been sitting in a closet waiting to get fixed.. I now know that will not happen. I've read too many complaints from too many people spending too much money attempting to get their TV fixed. I will "junk" my TV because I cannot imagine going through the hassle and aggrivation of the repair it needs. (sooo pricey as well) I feel like I was one of MANNNNNNY "victims"of Polariod. I came across this website and wanted to post this to be "another" vioce" telling you NOT to purchase Polariod. They have the best prices.. I believe that's why they are stocked in the stores and selling. But really.. do you want to risk spending that much on a product that's almost GUARANTEED to fail??

Thanks for your time.. I hope this helps you make a decision when in the market for a television.

Elena
ellicott city, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polariod-Televisions/nationwide/Polariod-Televisions-Left-with-no-way-to-repair-my-TV-Nationwide-1034382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polariod Televisions