Complaint Review: PolarisNYC

• Submitted: Fri, July 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:queens New York
PolarisNYC
325 Broadway Suite 203 Manhattan, New York U.S.A.

PolarisNYC A lot of talking, not a lot of paying Manhattan New York

I too was a victim to this company's ability to sugar coat things. Being aware of the possibility of fraud, i was very weary to take the first interview when I received the phone call. First, I barely knew anything about them, or what the business even was. I was willing to give it a try. On the first interview, I sat in their narrow office, listening to the secretary call others to come in for interviews after viewing their resumes. I found this very uncomfortable to hear her say the same things to others as she said to me. Just as a script.
During the interview, I left knowing less than i did when i walked in. I knew for sure i was not going to get a second interview because i showed no desire to even be there. Ironically, i did get the second interview. when the secretary called me to tell me this, i asked numerous times, "What will i be doing?" and he gave me a generic answer, telling me absolutely nothing. Getting annoyed, I hung up abruptly and figured i do not have much to lose, and if i really do not like it, ill just walk away.

My 'guide' was very nice, and actually much more helpful with everything than anyone else in the office. after walking for hours in the muggy heat, harassing business owners, i realized this is CERTAINLY not for me. whenever i hear the word commission, red flags go up. unless you are waitressing, commission is not something you should base your bills on.
annoying people while they are working seems extremely irritating and wearing after only a few stores. The abuse is certainly not worth 24% commission. if i was a business owner, i would do what i could to get these salesmen out of my place of work, and if that took buying something for them, i would, but cancel the order when they left.

the idea of not being allowed to give out business cards, or phone numbers or anything personal seems to be a fraud before any other words are spoken. personally, bothering people while they are trying to do their own tedious job, is not something that is worth walking 10 miles a day for. taking subways or cars and using my cell phone every day without being compensated for it, is not my idea of a well paying job, especially when it is hard enough to make one sale.

in my opinion, this is a lot of hoop jumping and running around for very little turn around. you are expected to work long hours, to be mostly abused when you walk into some businesses. treating others as if they were stupid by trying to trick them into buying your product will only come back to get you in the end.

Toomuchwalkingnotenoughpay
queens, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2009 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PolarisNYC/Manhattan-New-York/PolarisNYC-A-lot-of-talking-not-a-lot-of-paying-Manhattan-New-York-473064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PolarisNYC